Honey, grow old with me...

Honey, grow old with me...
April 17th, was our 46th anniversary, thanks God

Friday, May 11, 2012

MOTHERS DAY IN HEAVEN

MRS RUBY BURR... and my Mom, MRS BETTY SPARKS .... they were friends for many, many years.. Now are "neighbors in Heaven" TWO PRECIOUS LADIES, FOR SURE, THANKS GOD!!
                                 Mother’s Day in Heaven NetHugs.com
                            copy the above and paste in your browser.. it's AWESOME! ENJOY!
                                I LOVE AND MISS YOU MOM, AND MRS BURR!
                   =======================================================
I SAW THIS ONLINE TODAY AND JUST HAD TO SHARE IT WITH YOU IN OUR "MOTHER'S DAY STORIES" IT'S A LITTLE LONG, BUT WELL WORTH THE COUPLE OF MINUTES.. ===================================================    ============================================

                                             A Mother's Hands
                                                                     By Suzie Eller
"Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love." 1 Corinthians 13:13 (NLT)
                                 =============================================
She held out the soft white blanket scalloped in pink ribbon. "I'm not sure I want to give it to her," my mom said. The stitches were a bit looser than my mother's past handiwork, but I could see love in every crocheted inch. I held her hands in my own. Her once slender fingers were bent and swollen at the joints. I imagined her holding the crochet needles and weaving the yarn in and out for hours and days, until the blanket was complete. It is an heirloom for her first great-grandchild, one created with pain and love. I think I take my mother's hands for granted. They have caressed my cheek. They have made me wear a coat (even when I protested that I was a mother of three grown children). They have dialed the cell phone she loves, and hates, so she could talk to "her Suzie." Her hands have penned cards that showed up in my mailbox saying "I love you." An old 70s song says, "Time keeps on slipping, slipping, into the future." There is truth in those lyrics. I see the passage of time in my mother's hands. I also see it as moments pass into hours and then into days in a whirl. Life is always busy, like this month when the white board on the refrigerator lists church events, dentist visits, showers and weddings and graduations, as well as other details like pay the bills, mow the lawn, clean the house. Recently I realized that my mother was moving further down on that list. A week passed. A month flew by. The phone calls came. "Hey, Suz, just calling to say I miss you." One day I received an email from a friend. Her mom was sick. For the next few weeks I prayed, reading every update. One night I read the email from my beautiful friend that expressed her love for her ailing mom, and prayer for strength to say goodbye. Suddenly it hit me how little time I actually devoted to my mother. I held the email and wept. The next day I made a date with my mom. She was like a girl; she laughed on the phone as we made plans. My mom and I had the best time at lunch and I was inspired to make a point to love on her more frequently. So I came up with "Love Points" which include a few things I try to do each week. Write. Leave a note in an unexpected place. Give. Spend time with no strings attached (help work in the garden, go to lunch, sit and chat). Touch. Especially if your loved one is older or widowed and they are not touched in positive ways any more. (Massage their hands. Hold their hand. Touch their face or hair.)Affirm. Tell them one encouraging thing that you believe about them. I pray I stay committed to showing my mom love. And that I have many more opportunities to hang out with her. But more than that I pray I don't take her for granted. Life most likely won't slow down. But as I devote time to worthwhile endeavors, I don't want to forget that in the grand scheme of things, holding my mother's hands is one of the most priceless investments I'll ever make.
                   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear Lord, thank You for my loved ones. Life gets so hectic, and sometimes it's hard to slow down long enough to show them how much I care. Please help me to slow down and recognize what is of little value so that I can invest in people with immense value. In Jesus' Name, Amen.
                      ===================================================


ABIGAIL'S CHORUS LINE HAD A PROGRAM LAST NIGHT AT SCHOOL.. IT WAS SO CUTE AND SO GOOD.. THE GIRLS WROTE THE MANY SKITS THEMSELVES AND ACTED THEM OUT. THEN SANG BETWEEN TIMES .. IT WAS AWESOME... GOOD JOB TO ALL THE GIRLS THAT WERE THERE.. "GOD BLESS" ABIGAIL AND ONE OF HER FRIENDS WERE FROGS DURING PART OF THE PROGRAM.... JUST SO CUTE! I AM SOOO GLAD THAT WE WENT! we always try to go see them, and give our support (*.*) (*.*) LOVE YA SWEETIE, WE LOVE YOU AND ARE PROUD OF YOU.. WE ARE GLAD THAT YOU ARE IN CHORUS, ESPECIALLY SINCE YOU LOVE SINGING AS MUCH AS YOU DO! "GOD BLESS YOU BABY GIRL!"
                                   
 
 OUR HANDSOME GRANDSON, NATHAN TOLD US AT HIS SISTERS PROGRAM LAST NIGHT THAT HE INTENDS ON COMING UP TONIGHT.. HE KNOWS HE'S ALWAYS WELCOME! WE LOVE YA HONEY!  YOU JUST GOT TO ENJOY THEM EVERY TIME YOU GET A CHANCE TO.. THEY ARE ALL A BLESSING!




ABIGAIL DIDN'T SAY IF SHE PLANNED ON COMING OR NOT.. BUT SHE'S ALWAYS WELCOME TOO.. THEY ALL ARE!! HOPE THEY KNOW THAT!!



======================================================
PRAY FOR NORMAN JR.. HE'S BEEN FEELING A LITTLE BAD LATELY.. ONE THING IS THAT HIS "INNER EAR" HAS GOT HIS DIZZY HEADED AGAIN FROM TIME TO TIME, BUT THANKFULLY HE HAS MEDICINE FOR THAT AND BEEN TAKING THAT. SECOND THING IS THAT HE'S BEEN WORKING TO HARD LATELY I THINK (trying to get his chicken pen done) .. ANYWAY, I WORRY ABOUT HIM.. and YES, I know we aren't supposed to worry, but only pray... BUT, that is easier said than done!
=======================================================
VERY SINCERE PRAYERS FOR JAKE AND FOR FRANCES... JAKE FOR HIS SERIOUS HEALTH ISSUES, AND FRANCES FOR BEING HIS LOVING WIFE.. "GOD BLESS AND HEAL HIM PLEASE.. WRAP YOUR LOVING ARMS AROUND BOTH OF THEM AND LET THEM FEEL YOUR AWESOME LOVE AND WONDERFUL HEALING POWERS, PLEASE AND THANK YOU IN JESUS NAME, GIVING YOU THE PRAISE, HONOR AND GLORY."
===================================================
PRAYING FOR EVAN AND ALL THE CHILDREN WITH EB, CANCER AND EVERY OTHER DREADFUL DISEASES.. AND THEIR FAMILIES...PRAYING FOR EVERYONE WITH NASTY OLE CANCER.. SUCH A DREADFUL THING.. GOD COMFORT, HEAL AND BLESS EACH AND GRANT INNER PEACE TO THEM AND THEIR FAMILIES AND CAREGIVERS.. PRAYING FOR EVERYONE NEEDING A JOB AND (OR) THE WANT AND WILL TO WORK! UNSPOKEN PRAYERS FOR BETTY JO AND HER FAMILY..PRAYING TOO FOR JENNA AND THAT SHE WILL SOON BE ALL MOVED IN HER HOUSE.. AND AWESOMELY HAPPY!..  PRAYING FOR OUR COUNTRY AND GOD'S GUIDANCE UPON IT.. PRAYING FOR ALL OF OUR SOLDIERS AND THEIR SAFE AND QUICK RETURN HOME AND THEIR PEACE OF MINDS AND SOULS AND THAT OF THEIR FAMILIES.. PRAYING FOR CHRIS AND ALL THE TRAVELING HE HAS TO DO FOR WORK.. THANKING YOU FOR JEFF AND NORMAN JR'S JOBS, AS WELL AS FOR MINE, and Norman's insurance.. PRAYING FOR ALL THE "UNSPOKEN REQUEST, AND NEEDS" .. (and asking that you'll pray with us about ours) AND THANKING GOD FOR ALL HIS GOODNESS, HIS LOVE, GRACE, MERCIES, GUIDANCE, AND BLESSINGS.. THANK YOU GOD IN ALL THINGS IN JESUS HOLY NAME, AMEN..



Elvis - Only Believe (lyrics see in more info) - YouTube


 






No comments: