Honey, grow old with me...

Honey, grow old with me...
April 17th, was our 46th anniversary, thanks God

Saturday, May 11, 2013

# 1. Being poor (to cute) .... # 2.Being a Mother

 "Being Poor".......
Too cute not to share!!
Annie, 6 years old, gets home from school ..
She had her first family planning lesson at school.
Her mother, very interested, asks;" How did it go?"
"I died of shame!" She answers !
“Sissy from over the road, says that the stork brings babies.
Sally next door said you can buy babies at the orphanage.
Pete in my class says you can buy babies at the hospital.“
Her mother answers laughingly “But that’s no reason to be ashamed?”
“No, but I can't tell them that we were so poor that daddy & you had to make me yourselves."




















THE FAMILY BIBLE

I can see us sitting round the table when from the family Bible 'Mom' would read
I can hear my mother softly singing rock of ages rock of ages cleft for me
There's a family Bible on the table each page is torn and hard to read
But the family Bible on the table will ever be my key to memory
At the end of day when work was over and when the evening meal was done
'Mom' would read to us from the family Bible
And we'd count our many blessings one by one
I can see us sitting'...
This old world of ours is full of trouble but this old world would also better be If we'd find more Bibles on the tables and mothers singing rock of ages cleft for me
                      ================================================
A Mother's Day Prayer for You

May you have all the joy your heart can hold...
All the smiles a day can bring...
All the blessings a life can unfold...
may you have God's best in everything!
Have a Wonderful Day

The blessing of the Lord be upon you. Psalm 129:8




No comments: