Honey, grow old with me...

Honey, grow old with me...
April 17th, was our 46th anniversary, thanks God

Thursday, September 10, 2015

trouble tree, the dog in heaven .. and the cat loving dog! JUST FOR FUN!!!


The Trouble Tree Story


The carpenter I hired to help me restore an old farmhouse had just finished a rough first day on the job. A flat tire made him lose an hour of work, his electric saw quit and now his ancient pickup truck refused to start. While I drove him home, he sat in stony silence. 

On arriving, he invited me in to meet his family. As we walked toward the front door, he paused briefly at a small tree, touching the tips of the branches with both hands. When opening the door he underwent an amazing transformation. His tanned face was wreathed in smiles and he hugged his two small children and gave his wife a kiss. 

Afterward, he walked me to the car. We passed the tree and my curiosity got the better of me. I asked him about what I had seen him do earlier. 

"Oh, that's my trouble tree," he replied. "I know I can't help having troubles on the job, but one thing for sure, troubles don't belong in the house with my wife and children. So I just hang them up on the tree every night when I come home. Then in the morning I pick them up again." Funny thing is," he smiled, "when I come out in the morning to pick ‘em up, there aren't nearly as many as I remember hanging up the night before".   - Author Unknown 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bob Oren Bass

On the first day, God created the dog and said, "Sit all day by the door of your house and bark at anyone who comes in or walks past. For this, I will give you a life span of twenty years."
The dog said, "That's a long time to be barking. How about only ten years and I'll give you back the other ten?"
And God saw it was good.
On the second day, God created the monkey and said,"Entertain people, do tricks, and make them laugh. For this, I'll give you a twenty-year life span."
The monkey said, "Monkey tricks for twenty years? That's a pretty long time to perform.
How about I give you back ten like the dog did?"

And God, again saw it was good.
Image result for picture of a cowOn the third day, God created the cow and said,
"You must go into the field with the farmer all day long and suffer under the sun, have calves and give milk to support the farmer's family.
For this, I will give you a life span of sixty years."

The cow said, "That's kind of a tough life you want me to live for sixty years. How about twenty and I'll give back the other forty?"
And God agreed it was good.
On the fourth day, God created humans and said,
"Eat, sleep, play, marry and enjoy your life. For this, I'll give you twenty years." But the human said, "Only twenty years?
Could you possibly give me my twenty, the forty the cow gave back,
the ten the monkey gave back, and the ten the dog gave back; that makes eighty, okay?"

"Okay," said God, "You asked for it."
So that is why for our first twenty years, we eat, sleep, play and enjoy ourselves. For the next forty years, we slave in the sun to support our family. For the next ten years, we do monkey tricks to entertain the grandchildren. And for the last ten years, we sit on the front porch and bark at everyone. Life has now been explained to you.
There is no need to thank me for this valuable information.
I'm doing it as a public service.
If you are looking for me I will be on the front porch.


The Alabaster Quill
Thursday’s Prayer
Eternal Values
No matter what the world may say,
We trust God and stand our ground
No matter how much others persuade,
We won't let them pull us down
We must be salt to our world
And a light that they can see,
We don't become like the world around,
But let God be all we need
For He wants us to be set apart
As we commit to Him each day,
For there is no eternal value
In futile, worldly ways

For what we have will one day vanish,
It will wither away and die
When weighed on the scales of eternity,
Our eternal hope is Christ.
© By M.S.Lowndes
In Jesus Name I pray, amen

Matthew 5:13
13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
1 Peter 2:9
9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;
2 Corinthians 6:17
17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.
Where Time Moves Slower by Chuck Pinson ... artist (picture just above) 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





 Please say a special prayer for my Son Jeff, He had a health issue that he put off for days, then the pain got the best of him and FINALLY he went to the hospital.. They took care of the immediate problem, but it may take days for the pain, and swelling to completely clear up. It could have been a dangerous situation.. Love you Son, always!






~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DAILY PRAYERS FOR YOU AND YOURS THAT GOD WILL WRAP HIS LOVING ARMS AROUND EACH OF YOU AND BLESS YOU SPIRITUALLY, PHYSICALLY, EMOTIONALLY, MENTALLY, FINANCIALLY, AND WITH HIS GRACE, LOVE, MERCIES, GUIDANCE, FORGIVENESS AND A SPECIAL ANSWER TO YOUR UNSPOKEN PRAYER THAT ONLY YOU AND HE KNOWS ABOUT. PRAYING FOR THE HOMELESS, THE SICK, HURTING, LONELY, GRIEVING, THE JOBLESS OR THE ONES THAT NEED A BLESSING AT WORK.. PRAYING FOR OUR COUNTRY AND OUR SOLDIERS AND THEIR SAFETY AND HIS PROTECTION FOR THEM. AND ALWAYS GIVING HIM MY LOVE, THANKS, HONOR, PRAISE AND GLORY IN ALL THINGS IN JESUS HOLY NAME, AMEN.

No comments: