Honey, grow old with me...

Honey, grow old with me...
April 17th, was our 46th anniversary, thanks God

Monday, January 17, 2011

BETTY LOU SPARKS, Mom, we will miss you

Betty Lou Sparks
Born: January 25, 1929
Died: January 15, 2011
YouTube - Whitney Houston - Don't cry for me (live)
Services: The funeral service will be held Tuesday at 2:00 PM in the
Arritt Funeral Home Chapel with the Rev. Bill Gilliland officiating,
assisted by Captain Karl Dahlin and Captain Janice Dahlin.
Visitation: Friends may pay their respects anytime at Arritt Funeral Home.
The family will receive their this evening from 7:00 until 8:30 PM at
Arritt Funeral Home.
Betty Clark Sparks, 81 of 1002 Hattie Street, died Saturday,
January 15, 2011 at her residence.
She was born January 25, 1929 at Sweet Chalybeate in Alleghany County,
a daughter of the late John and Ella Mae Thompson Clark.
Mrs. Sparks retired as a clerk from the Salvation Army Thrift Store.
She was a member of the Covington Citadel of The Salvation Army
.In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her husband,
Joe Sparks in 1990, a daughter Wanda Ann Sparks and a daughter in law
Shirley Sparks as well as one sister and two brothers.
Surviving are Gene Whiting of Covington; four daughters,
Carole Rice, Patty Kimberlin and her husband, Norman, and Jenna Downer,
all of Covington and Betty Goff and her husband, Tim, of Haymarket;
four sons, Elmer Sparks and Tim Sparks and his wife, Susan,
all of Covington; John Sparks and his wife, Joni, of Fox Hill, SC,
and Joey Sparks and his wife, Cindi, of Clifton Forge;
a number of grandchildren and great grandchildren.
and several nieces and nephews.
The interment will follow in Alleghany Memorial Park.
Active pallbearers will be Elmer Sparks, Tim Sparks, John Sparks,
Joey Sparks, Tommy Hutcheson, Chris Kimberlin, Jeff Kimberlin,
Norman J. Kimberlin, T,J. Sparks, Joe Sparks;, Landon Sparks and Jorge Diaz.
Memorials: The family suggests that memorial donations in Mrs. Sparks
name may be made to Mountain Regional Hospice , P.O. 637,
Clifton Forge, VA 24422.
Send Condolence
Sign guestbook for this listing
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
REMEMBER
"When you remember me, it means
you have carried something of who I am with you,
that I have left some mark of who I am on who you are.
It means that you can summon me back to your mind
even though countless years and miles
stand between us...
It means that even after I die,
you can still see my face and hear my voice
and speak to me in your heart.
For as long as you remember me,
I am never entirely lost."
from "Whistling in the Dark" by Frederick Buechner
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
the above poem was from Mountain Regional Hospice,
"WHAT A LOVING BUNCH"
THANK GOD FOR EACH OF YOU!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would however like to add just a simple thought of my own
to the above poem... and that is...
in my mind, it should have said (at the bottom)
For as long as you remember me,
(now for my thought and my opinion only)
"Know also that I am in heaven,
waiting patiently until we meet again!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
thanks to each of you!
love and prayers!

No comments: