Honey, grow old with me...

Honey, grow old with me...
April 17th, was our 46th anniversary, thanks God

Friday, December 28, 2012

"WHO" you are speaks volumes...

Who you are speaks louder to me than anything you can say
At the beginning of my 8:00 a.m. class one Monday at University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV), I cheerfully asked my students how their weekend had been. One young man said that his weekend had not been very good. He’d had his wisdom teeth extracted. The young man then proceeded to ask me why I always seemed to be so cheerful. His question reminded me of something I'd read somewhere before: “Every morning when you get up, you have a choice about how you want to approach life that day,” I said to the young man. “I choose to be cheerful". “Let me give you an example,” I continued. The other sixty students in the class ceased their chatter and began to listen to our conversation. “In addition to teaching here at UNLV, I also teach out at the community college in Henderson, about seventeen miles down the freeway from where I live. One day a few weeks ago I drove those seventeen miles to Henderson. I exited the freeway and turned onto College Drive. I only had to drive another quarter-mile down the road to the college. But just then my car died. I tried to start it again, but the engine wouldn’t turn over. So I put my flashers on, grabbed my books, and marched down the road to the college. “As soon as I got there I called AAA and asked them to send a tow truck. The secretary in the Provost's office asked me what had happened. ‘This is my lucky day,’ I replied, smiling. “‘Your car breaks down and today is your lucky day?’ She was puzzled. ‘What do you mean?’ “‘I live seventeen miles from here.’ I replied. ‘My car could have broken down anywhere along the freeway. It didn't. Instead, it broke down in the perfect place: off the freeway, within walking distance of here. I'm still able to teach my class, and I've been able to arrange for the tow truck to meet me after class. If my car was meant to break down today, it couldn't have been arranged in a more convenient fashion.’  The secretary's eyes opened wide, and then she smiled. I smiled back and headed for class.  So ended my story to the students in my economics class at UNLV. I scanned the sixty faces in the lecture hall. Despite the early hour, no one seemed to be asleep. Somehow, my story had touched them. Or maybe it wasn't the story at all. In fact, it had all started with a student's observation that I was cheerful. A wise man once said, “Who you are speaks louder to me than anything you can say.” I suppose it must be so. Author: Lee Ryan Miller  "guess we need to remind each other at work, as well as to just keep it in mind.. sounds reasonable"
                               ==========================================
OUR TREE IS STILL UP (waiting on New Years) .. "THEY SAY ITS FOR GOOD LUCK, but I think it's just to keep it around a little longer.. LOL"  BUT I AM TAKING MOST OF EVERYTHING ELSE DOWN.. ALL EXCEPT MY SNOWMEN.. I HAVE SNOWMEN HERE AND THERE AND JUST EVERYWHERE.. (NO, I'M NOT WANTING MORE SNOW) BUT JUST ENJOYING THE "ARTIFICIAL" SNOWMEN... LOL .... love the snowmen.. a FEW of them were Mom's (*.*)
                                ====================================
THEN WE ENJOYED A LITTLE NAP (ON THE LOVE SOFA, OF COURSE) ... AWESOME! I NEEDED IT TOO! THANKS BABE! I ALWAYS ENJOY MY LITTLE NAPS.. THEY AREN'T LONG.. BUT OH DO THEY ALLOW YOU TO WAKE UP WITH A LITTLE EXTRA ENERGY.. AND I NEED ALL THE ENERGY I CAN GET.. LOL








THEN WE WENT DOWN TO SPEND A LITTLE TIME WITH ANNA, KAYLA.. LILY AND CHRIS.. IT WAS NICE SEEING ALL OF THEM.. WE HADN'T BEEN DOWN FOR A WHILE. LOVE EACH OF YOU!!!
 COME SEE US!!!
 TONIGHT AS ALWAYS PRAYING FOR YOU AND YOURS THAT GOD WILL WRAP HIS LOVING ARMS AROUND EACH OF YOU AND BLESS YOU WITH HIS PERFECT LOVE, GRACE, GUIDANCE, PEACE, AND SPIRITUALLY, PHYSICALLY, EMOTIONALLY, MENTALLY, FINANCIALLY, AND WITH LOVE AND RESPECT FOR AND FROM EVERYONE AROUND EACH OF YOU AND WITH HAPPINESS AND SWEET INNER PEACE!  SPECIAL PRAYERS FOR MY SISTER JENNA'S TWO PRECIOUS GRANDBABIES AND THEIR PARENTS.. THEY HAVE ALL BEEN SICK.. WHAT A WAY TO SPEND THE HOLIDAYS! "GOD BLESS!" AND A SPECIAL PRAYER FOR JENNA.. BECAUSE I KNOW SHE WOULD LOVE TO BE WITH ALL OF THEM.. (AND WAS THERE, BUT HER WORK IS HERE) "GOD BLESS"
==============================
PRAYING FOR MRS TERRY... PRAYING ALWAYS FOR LITTLE EVAN, AND ALL THE CHILDREN WITH EB OR ANY OTHER DREADFUL DISEASES, AND THEIR FAMILIES...PRAYING FOR HANNA.. (EVAN'S SISTER) AND HER HEALTH ISSUES.. GOD BLESS AND HEAL THEM PLEASE AND THANK YOU.. PRAYING FOR NATHAN (WRESTLING AT SCHOOL) AND ABIGAIL (VOLLEY BALL) THAT THEY WILL HAVE FUN, STAY SAFE AND WIN SOME...  PRAYING FOR EVERYONE WITH CANCER AND THEIR FAMILIES AND CAREGIVERS.. PRAYING FOR OUR COUNTRY THAT GOD WILL BLESS AND GUIDE OUR LEADERS TO DO WHAT HE KNOWS IS BEST AND RIGHT FOR OUR COUNTRY.. PRAYING FOR OUR SOLDIERS, THAT THEY WILL ALL SOON BE BACK HOME SAFELY WITH JOBS TO COME HOME TO AND FOR COMFORT AND INNER PEACE FOR THEM AND THEIR FAMILIES...PRAYING FOR ALL THE "UNSPOKEN PRAYERS" FOR EACH OF YOU AND ASKING THAT YOU'LL PRAY FOR OURS TOO AND THANKING YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS.. SPECIAL PRAYERS FOR EACH OF MY CO-WORKERS HELP US LORD TO ALL BE CLOSE, CARING AND HELPFUL TO EACH OTHER, PLEASE BE WITH THE KIDS AND HELP THEM TO CALM DOWN. SEND SOMEONE TO HELP KEEP THEM "IN LINE AND TEACH THEM SOME RESPECT".. PRAYING FOR EVERYONE LOOKING FOR JOBS, PLEASE LORD HELP THEM ALL TO FIND A DECENT JOB, SUITABLE FOR THEM... PRAYING FOR BETTY JO, TIMMY, AND KRISTIN, PRAYING THAT THEY WILL FIND INNER PEACE AND HAPPINESS!... PRAYING FOR SHARON MAE AND UPCOMING OTHER SURGERY!... PRAYING FOR HAPPINESS, REST, LOVE, AND GOOD HEALTH FOR JENNA .. PRAYING FOR CHRIS, AT HIS NEW JOB AND THAT HE WILL LIKE IT AND THEY REALLY LIKE HIM AND IT BECOME A LONG TERM 'LOCAL' JOB, AND FOR HIS TOTAL SAFETY.. PRAYING FOR NORMAN JR.. HE IS SAYING HE WISH HE HAD A DECENT JOB TO GO TO DAILY... PRAYING FOR JEFF THAT HE WILL HAVE HAPPINESS AT WORK, AND A GREAT BIG RAISE, AND FIND TRUE HAPPINESS IN HIS LIFE... UNSPOKEN PRAYERS FOR NORMAN J. AND HIS FAMILY... PRAYING FOR SPECIAL GUIDANCE IN MANY THINGS "UNSPOKEN" AND INNER PEACE ... AND AS USUAL AND ALWAYS, GIVING GOD THE THANKS, PRAISE, HONOR, AND GLORY IN ALL THINGS IN JESUS HOLY NAME, AMEN!

 


 





No comments: