Honey, grow old with me...

Honey, grow old with me...
April 17th, was our 46th anniversary, thanks God

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

couple of snow jokes/pictures.. AN AWESOME STORY, and much more.. enjoy


 BOY, THAT'S JUST LIKE KIDS THESE DAYS.. LOL /\
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The little snow we had this morning was pretty.. but I still prayed for safety for my husband (driving to bath county to work) our son Chris (driving to Roanoke to work) for Jeff, our son (driving where ever he had to work today and safety) for Norman J. our son, (going and coming from work today and all while they were at work) And any and all of you that had to be out on the road today.. God bless..
I'll admit that the little skiff of snow was pretty this morning.. but since I am so ready for spring... I wouldn't mind a snowman funeral! Sorry if you all don't feel that way, we are all entitled to our own wishes.. God bless each of us. And, no matter what our wishes may be.. (this one I can say for sure) "With time, we will all get our wishes!" We were thankfully already off today for a teachers workday or something. And I am glad of that (we won't have to make today up). Its hard to believe that this school year is half way over already! Geez, time flies!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NOW FOR AN AWESOME STORY I THOUGHT YOU WOULD LIKE..


It will take just 60 seconds to read this and change your thinking..
Two men, both seriously ill, occupied the same hospital room.
One man was allowed to sit up in his bed for an hour each afternoon to help drain the fluid from his lungs.
His bed was next to the room's only window.
The other man had to spend all his time flat on his back.
The men talked for hours on end.
They spoke of their wives and families, their homes, their jobs, their involvement in the military service, where they had been on 
vacation..
Every afternoon, when the man in the bed by the window could sit up, he would pass the time by describing to his roommate all the things he could see outside the window.
The man in the other bed began to live for those one hour periods where his world would be broadened and enlivened by all the activity and color of the world outside.
"The window overlooked a park with a lovely lake.Ducks and swans played on the water while children sailed their model boats. Young lovers walked arm in arm admist flowers of every color 
and a fine view of the city skyline could be seen in the distance.
As the man by the window described all this in exquisite details, the man on the other side of the room would close his eyes and imagine this picturesque scene.
One warm afternoon, the man by the window described a parade passing by.
Although the other man could not hear the band -he could see it in his mind's eye as the gentleman by the window portrayed it with 
descriptive words.
Days, weeks and months passed.One morning, the day nurse arrived to bring water for their baths only to find the lifeless body 
of the man by the window, who had died peacefully in his sleep.
She was saddened and called the hospital attendants to take the body away.
As soon as it seemed appropriate, the other man asked if he could be moved next to the window.The nurse was happy to make the switch, and after making sure he was comfortable, she left 
him alone.
Slowly, painfully, he propped himself up on one elbow to take his first look at the real world outside. He strained to slowly turn to look out the window besides the bed.
It faced a blank wall.
The man asked the nurse what could have compelled his deceased roommate who had described such wonderful things outside this 
window.
The nurse responded that the man was blind and could not even see the wall.
She said, 'Perhaps he just wanted to encourage you.'
Epilogue:
There is tremendous happiness in making others happy, despite our own situations.Shared grief is half the sorrow, but happiness when shared, is doubled. If you want to feel rich, just count all the things you have that money can't buy.
'Today is a gift, that is why it is called The Present
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To my sister Jenna
The news you gave me yesterday, s
ounds like answered prayers ... and a big helping of our parents being face to face with the Lord and asking for His mercies and blessings for you.
You are such a wonderful Sister, Mother, Grandmother and friend to all you meet. Not to mention a wonderful nurse, so good at all you do! 
Love, continued prayers and GREAT BIG gentle HUGS
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
special prayers for Evan today, he is supposed to have surgery. Praying that God will stand beside the doctors and guide their hands and help them make all the right decisions for him. 
Praying for his sister Hanna, because she's been sick too..
Praying for Christina and all she's been through with the two of them. And for inner peace for her and Anna (her sweet mother) especially while they are there with him at the hospital, and safety when they are allowed to come home. 
And praying for Chy, sweet Big Sister to Evan and Hanna.. Very precious girl!
Love, prayers and great BIG gentle HUGS for all of you.

THIS IS ONE OF THE SONGS I KEEP IN MY CAR.. AND WHEN WE LIVED ON THE CREEK THE KIDS (NATHAN AND ABIGAIL) WOULD PUT THE DVD IN AND WE ALL WOULD SING IT AT THE TOP OF OUR LUNGS.... GOOD MEMORIES..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYHT-TF4KO4
  1. When I Get Where I'm Going
  1. When I get where I'm going
    On the far side of the sky
    The first thing that I'm gonna do
    Is spread my wings and fly
    I'm gonna land beside a lion
    And run my fingers through his mane

    Or I might find out what it's like
    To ride a drop of rain
    Yeah, when I get where I'm going
    There'll be only happy tears
    I will shed the sins and struggles
    I have carried all these years
    And I'll leave my heart wide open
    I will love and have no fear
    Yeah, when I get where I'm going
    Don't cry for me down here
    I'm gonna walk with my grand daddy
    And he'll match me step for step
    And I'll tell him how I missed him
    Every minute since he left
    Then I'll hug his neck
    Yeah, when I get where I'm going
    There'll be only happy tears
    I will shed the sins and struggles
    I have carried all these years
  2.                     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  3. Praying for you and yours today and daily that God will wrap His loving arms around each of you and bless you spiritually, physically, emotionally, mentally, financially and with His love, grace, mercies, forgiveness, protection and safety, guidance and His sweet inner peace.  Praying for everyone that is sick, hurting and grieving.. that God will heal those that He will, and comfort and give blessings and mercies to all.. Praying that He will send cures for so many of these dreaded diseases.. And praying that He will bless each and every one of you with a special blessing that only HE could know you need, so you will have no doubt that it is a true blessing from God. Praying for safety for our soldiers, and a quick and safe return to loving families and good jobs. Praying for jobs for all that need them. GIVING THANKS FOR OUR JOBS, AND THE HEALTH, STRENGTH AND ABILITY TO WORK DAILY. AND ALSO, GIVING THANKS FOR EACH OF OUR FAMILY MEMBERS AND ALL OF OUR FRIENDS AND THEIR FAMILIES. GRATEFUL DEAR GOD FOR ALL YOU DO DAILY AND WITHOUT FAIL. MY GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD! GIVING HIM MY LOVE, THANKS, HONOR, PRAISE AND GLORY IN JESUS WONDERFUL NAME, AMEN


No comments: