Honey, grow old with me...

Honey, grow old with me...
April 17th, was our 46th anniversary, thanks God

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I WANT TO TELL YOU ALL A SECRET!

THE SECRET
(of course, Who can keep a secret?
well, this one I have to share with
you my old friends and my new friends)

The Secret One day, one friend asked another,
"How is it that you are always so happy?
You have so much energy, And you never seem to get down."
With her eyes smiling, she said, "I know the Secret!"
"What secret is that?" To which she replied,
"I'll tell you all about it, But you have to promise
to Share the Secret with others."
"The Secret is this:
I have learned there is little I can do
In my life that will make me truly happy.
I must depend on God to make Me happy and to meet my needs.
When a need arises in my life, I have to trust God
to supply According to HIS riches.
I have learned most of the time I don't need half of what I think I do.
He has never let me down. Since I learned that 'Secret', I am happy."
The questioner's first thought was,
"That's too simple!" But upon reflecting over her own life
She recalled how she thought a bigger house
Would make her happy, but it didn't!
She thought a better paying job
Would make her happy, but it hadn't.
When did she realize her greatest happiness?
Sitting on the floor with her grandchildren,
Playing games, eating pizza or reading a story,
A simple gift from God.
Now you know it too!
We can't depend on people to make us happy.
Only GOD in His infinite wisdom can do that.
Trust HIM! And now I pass the Secret on to you!
So once you get it, what will you do?
YOU have to tell someone the Secret, too!
That GOD in His wisdom will take care of YOU!
But it's not really a secret... We just have to believe it and do it...
Really trust God!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NOW A REPEAT OF A PRAYER REQUEST:

Please keep my Mother, Betty Sparks in your prayers. She called

me and told me that she had a miserable morning. She was having so

much pain in her side that it was extremely uncomfortable!

And she goes early tomorrow morning for that biopsy on her

right leg. They are supposed to put the needle through her femur

and into her bone marrow . I have heard of others having it, (in fact

my Grandmother did years ago) and everyone says it's really

painful. But, they say they have to do it to figure out how to

treat her. She still as of now is not taking any medications for her cancer.

-----------------------------------------------

Pray for Leisa, still recovering from her surgery.

-----------------------------------------------

Pray for Norman's Mother, Celia Terry,

she too is still recovering from her surgery,

and from bronchitis, or a cold or allergies.

-------------------------------------------

Pray for Barbara, she has an upcoming biopsy

to be done. And also pray for their safety going and

coming from Salem. (she too is my "Sister in Christ")

a very loving lady, my FRIEND, and my co-worker.

------------------------------

Pray for Norman, still fighting his diabetes and elevated blood

sugars. And still looking for a decent job.

-------------------------------------------------

And pray for all of us that work in the schools, and

for the children that will soon be going back to school.

------------------------------------------------
Whisper a Prayer in the Morning

Whisper a prayer in the morning,

Whisper a prayer at noon.

Whisper a prayer in the evening,

He will keep your heart in tune.

God answers prayer in the morning,

God answers prayer at noon.

God answers prayer in the evening.

He will keep your heart in tune.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AREN'T YOU THANKFUL THAT WE SERVE A LIVING,
LOVING, GRACEFUL GOD!
THANK YOU GOD FOR ALL OF YOU KINDNESSES
AND MERCY.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you would like to post a comment,

please feel free to do so. I look forward

to hearing from you.

Have a terrific evening, and GOD BLESS

YOU AND YOURS.


No comments: