Honey, grow old with me...

Honey, grow old with me...
April 17th, was our 46th anniversary, thanks God

Monday, July 9, 2012

KAYLA, What do you think of the "second part?"


MEET KAYLA, SHE'S OUR OLDEST GRANDDAUGHTER AND A VERY PRECIOUS, LOVING, SWEET, CREATIVE AND SMART LADY. HARD TO BELIEVE SHE'LL BE 18 HER BIRTHDAY. BOY WHERE DOES TIME GO? THANKS SWEETIE FOR YOUR AWESOME STORY.. I'VE REALLY ENJOYED THEM.. IF YOU ALL LIKED WRITING THEM, LET'S PICK ANOTHER PICTURE AND GET STARTED, WE THOUGHT IT WAS RATHER FUN! HOPE YOU AND ANNA DID AS WELL.. AGAIN, THANKS.. AND THE THING WITH YOUR AND ANNA'S STORIES, THEY LEFT US "WANTING MORE"...
(so, I have attempted to write the second part to your story, HOPE YOU LIKE IT!)  I LOVE YOU GIRLS!
     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AND SO TO REFRESH EVERYONE'S MEMORIES, I HAVE FIRST POSTED YOUR WONDERFUL STORY.. THEN MY "ATTEMPT" AT THE "SECOND" PART... LOVE YOU KAYLA!
               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AN OLD HOUSE, WITH NO REASON TO BE FANCIFUL

                                                        by Kayla Kimberlin June 2012
It is on one of your walks that you first see it. An old house, if house it could be called still, looking as if it had been thrown down beside the road. It was in shambles and the thought briefly crosses your mind that perhaps a giant had stepped on it, but you quickly thrust it away. There is no reason to be fanciful. The house interests you but it is growing dark. You do not trust the combination of an abandoned house, the night, and your imagination. You head home.The second time you see the house is on the very next day. It is full daylight now and you are to determined to explore it. Gathering your courage you began to walk through the bushes toward your goal. It is even more dilapidated-looking up close, and you wonder why it had even been allowed to remain here. Carefully you step on it but the board creaks underneath you and you quickly withdraw. You are disappointed that you cannot enter the house, still you suppose there really wouldn’t be anything left in it by this time, and decide to circle around it instead. Halfway around a branch catches you. Desperately you try to right yourself but it is too late. With a cry you fall to the ground. You lie there for a moment, but then realize that you aren’t hurt, and slowly open your eyes. All you see at first is dirt, grass, and leaves, but then you notice something that doesn’t belong there. Sitting up you reach out and pull it from where it is half buried in the earth. It’s a locket. Once you rub at it you discover it's made of gold. You gently feel the chain, brushing away the remainder of the dirt that clung to it, then you look to the golden heart that hangs from it. There is a date that is inscribed on it. Unbelievingly you look closer. What you saw the first time was right, and you shake your head slightly. That means that the locket must at least be as old as the house. Your curiosity overpowers you and you open the locket . It opens surprisingly easily and two black and white photographs stare back at you. You gasp, your eyes widening, and your trembling hands nearly drop the locket. It isn’t possible…Your gaze flickers to the house and a chill comes over you. You scramble to your feet, and your hand clenches on the locket. Turning you flee.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
                NOW FOR PART TWO... "WITH MUCH LOVE" HOPE YOU LIKE IT!
====================================================================
                                                                 (PART TWO)
Back down "memories path" to the dilapidated old house and the strange attraction I felt and still feel to the "Old House" and the grounds that its on. The pictures from the locket are burnt into my heart and soul, as if somehow perhaps I had lived in a different time. I feel an amazing inner peace and astonishment whenever I look upon or even remember back to opening that little gold locket. It has my mind and heart racing to all the wonders and "what ifs" that anyone could feel about such a small, awesome, wonderful little find. That locket with all it's hidden memories. How could anyone feel so many mixed emotions about an old locket, and two black and white photo's. I feel sure that there is some hidden blessings within it, yet I have no idea what they could possibly be.  The property here is part of my great grandparents "homeplace". They were Lukas and Sophie Clemmor, actually from Germany. Both's parents had came here as two sets of good friends and both were newly weds and both expecting. This old house was never mentioned to me nor did I know that it had ever existed. My great grandparents are both gone now, deceased, but how I wished that they were more open to have talked about the past. I am just so "drawn" into this old house and the past right now, partially because of the house itself, and partially because of the locket. I went back to that old house once again and saw a faint old K carved into the old post there.  Amazed and confused I then decided to go talk to my grandfather. "Granddad, please help me" I said, "I feel so compelled to find out about your parents property and the old house at the far end of it." He looked up and adjusted his glasses, "What about it?" he ask. "Who lived there, when and what happened to them? How come I never knew anything about the house or the people that lived there? The house just seems so sad and yet this locket I found shows that perhaps there once was happiness there." "LOCKET?" he ask... I opened my hand and showed him the locket and the two amazingly well preserved black and white photos that were inside.  He took the locket in his trembling hands and fumbled to get it open, he stared at the pictures inside and bit his lip. "I knew it" he said. "You looked so much like the pictures I found of your great grandmother, my grandma. I found it in my Dad's family Bible"
He walked across the room to the bookshelf, picked up an old Bible, it was a German Bible and very old, but still very beautiful. This was my grandparents Bible, they brought it over from Germany. He opened it right to these three pictures.  The writing on the backs of them were in German, so the translation will have to wait, until we find someone or somehow to tell us exactly what it says. 
Then he told me that this was his "Grandmother Ursula and her husband my Grandfather Hans Klemmor. They of course were German, and came here shortly after they got married. Some friends of theirs also were married just in time for the trip and both couples moved to America, The good old USA. " "Well Granddad," I said "there was a faded old K on the post out beside the house, why was it a K?" Then he smiled and said "my parents changed the spelling of our last name in an attempt to better fit in here in the states, and to get on with life after a tragic accident. Originally it was spelled Klemmor"







So we assume that this picture of the house was their home when they first moved here. I was just a baby when they left. "What happened to your grandparents?" I ask. "Once when I was a young boy I ask my Mother that same question. She had a worried look on her face and pulled me aside. When your Dad was 19 or 20 years old or so, your grandparents were going back to the old country to bring their oldest son here to live. They left him back then, as it was frowned upon for unmarried couples to have a child, so they passed it off as her sisters son. Not long after they left, the ship they were on was presumed to be struck by lightening and everyone perished. Your Father took it very poorly and we never were allowed to speak of his parents, or their home again. So please never mention it again for fear that he may hear us talking. When his parents left, then perished, we never went back to their house again, and finally after many, many years of waiting for their return, it was as though their beloved house and everything there perished. Nothing was ever taken from that house, it went down with everything just the way they left it only much older and time does take a toll.
Then with tears in my eyes, I opened my hand once again offering my granddad his grandmothers locket. "I'm so sorry Granddad, I didn't know." He then said, "No, no child, my precious oldest granddaughter, I thank you for caring enough to ask. Maybe someday you'll be able to proudly tell your children and grandchildren this story I was unable to talk about until now." And then he added as I was walking away, "Wait, let me give you this, and he handed me the Old Family Bible, and the priceless pictures of his grandparents. Evidently God, and just perhaps my Grandmother Ursula has chosen you and this time and age to let you know about them" I hugged his neck with tears in my eyes once again, and started again to leave (to have myself a good cry of happy tears and mixed emotions). "Oh, one more thing" he said, "you've brought back to my memory that that post with the K on it was a special gift from my Granddad Hans to my grandma, see, she too loved horses, and that is where she tied her horse to water." To this day, this path always brings to my mind all the wonderful memories, both old and new, those sure to be true, and those that perhaps my mind has just thought of and wished in some way to be true. And the locket, pictures and Bible will be shone to all of those yest to come into our loving family. Thanks God for guiding me... and thanks to my Great Great Grandma Ursula for leaving your locket and pictures for me to find. (just maybe it was because we favor in appearance) I love you!

              #################################################################
this was how I felt the other day, let's see.. it was the 3 of July. I had ordered a pair of shoes (I thought to be "high dollar shoes" or for me they were) because of my heel spurs. Yes, I am still struggling with it! But anyway, they came on the 3rd. As I figured, they fit, but would not have with socks on.. so I decided to send them back. I happened to have to go to the dentist that day so I hurried and filled out the return papers and got them ready to go. I had to drop Abigail off at her house (because I didn't want her sitting alone in the office) then I ran on to the post office. They told me this has to go UPS.. then they added go to T & E's .. so I did and planned on hitting the innerstate from there. Well, it's CLOSED, I didn't even know when they closed down. So, anyway off to my dentist appointment. Hummm, I thought, I'll ask them and see if there is a place in Clifton Forge that I can mail these from. NO! THERE USED TO BE, was the answer! But when my cleaning was nearly over, the UPS man came there to deliver.. they ask him and he said sure, he'd be glad to take the package.. I KNEW IT HAD TO BE A GOD THING!! THANKS GOD
``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

PRAYING FOR YOU AND YOURS TONIGHT AND NIGHTLY.. SPECIAL PRAYERS FOR JAKE AND FRANCES TOO.. PRAYERS FOR MRS TERRY .. PRAYING FOR EVAN AND ALL THE CHILDREN WITH EB, CANCER AND EVERY OTHER DREADFUL DISEASES.. AND THEIR FAMILIES...PRAYING FOR EVERYONE WITH NASTY OLE CANCER.. SUCH A DREADFUL THING.. GOD COMFORT, HEAL AND BLESS EACH AND GRANT INNER PEACE TO THEM AND THEIR FAMILIES AND CAREGIVERS.. PRAYING FOR EVERYONE NEEDING A JOB AND (OR) THE WANT AND WILL TO WORK! .. PRAYING FOR OUR COUNTRY AND GOD'S GUIDANCE UPON IT.. PRAYING FOR ALL OF OUR SOLDIERS AND THEIR SAFE AND QUICK RETURN HOME AND THEIR PEACE OF MINDS AND SOULS AND THAT OF THEIR FAMILIES.. PRAYING FOR ALL THE "UNSPOKEN REQUEST, AND NEEDS" .. (and asking that you'll pray with us about ours) PRAYING ALSO FOR THE FOLKS AT "THE RETIREMENT HOME".. AND THANKING GOD FOR ALL HIS GOODNESS, HIS LOVE, GRACE, MERCIES, GUIDANCE, AND BLESSINGS.. THANK YOU GOD IN ALL THINGS IN JESUS HOLY NAME, AMEN.. YouTube - O For A Thousand Tongues to Sing









No comments: