Honey, grow old with me...

Honey, grow old with me...
April 17th, was our 46th anniversary, thanks God

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Belated birthday wishes for a special lady...


A belated birthday wish for my mother-n-law Mrs Celia Terry... August 27th. (1926)

She turned 89 years old
love and many prayers and big hugs!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Can you believe that today is the 29th of August, already? Wow.. time is surely flying!! But then there is nothing we can do about that BUT THE BEST, VERY BEST WE CAN TO ENJOY AND MAKE THE BEST OUT OF OUR TIME, AND DAILY DO AT LEAST A GOOD DEED FOR SOMEONE!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




Why do we treat the fleeting day
with so much needless fear and sorrow?
It's in its nature not to stay:
Today is always gone tomorrow.
~Wisława Szymborsk




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Whispers from the Soul~'s photo.
Oh, Great Spirit
Whose voice I hear in the winds,
And whose breath gives life to all the world,
hear me, I am small and weak,
I need your strength and wisdom.
Let me walk in beauty and make my eyes ever behold
the red and purple sunset.
Make my hands respect the things you have
made and my ears sharp to hear your voice.
Make me wise so that I may understand the things
you have taught my people.
Let me learn the lessons you have
hidden in every leaf and rock.
I seek strength, not to be greater than my brother,
but to fight my greatest enemy - myself.
Make me always ready to come to you
with clean hands and straight eyes.
So when life fades, as the fading sunset,
my Spirit may come to you without shame.
(translated by Lakota Sioux Chief Yellow Lark in 1887)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A neighbor was passing my garden
One time, she stopped and I knew right away
That it was gossip not flowers she had on her mind
And this is what I heard my neighbor say
"That bad girl down the street should be run from our midst
She drinks and she talks quite a lot


She knows not to speak to my child or me"
My neighbor then smiled and I thought
A tongue can accuse and carry bad news
The seeds of distrust it will sow
But unless you've made no mistakes in your life
Be careful of stones that you throw
A car speed by and the screaming of brakes
A sound that made my blood chill
For my neighbor's one child had been pulled from the path
And saved by a girl lying still
The child was unhurt and my neighbor cried out
"Oh who was that brave girl so sweet?"
I covered the crushed broken body and said
The bad girl who lived down the street
A tongue can accuse and carry bad news
The seeds of distrust it will sow
But unless you've made no mistakes in your life
Be careful of stones that you throw....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Life is just way to short to mistreat others or allow others to mistreat you? Its a shame people can't just RESPECT life, and have COMPASSION for all people, and LOVE the ones they can, (while accepting the others with compassion)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SAD TRUTH IS.... SOME PEOPLE ARE 
GOOD FROM FAR (away)
BUT FAR FROM GOOD
(so, be friendly, kind and courteous ... when you see them... and let it go at that)
++++++++++++++++++++

NOT SO SURE I AM, BUT DON'T HAVE A CHOICE 
SO I'LL HAVE TO JUST MAKE THE BEST OF EVERYDAY! AND IT'S NOT THAT I DISLIKE FALL, IT'S A BEAUTIFUL TIME OF THE YEAR.. BUT UGGG, THE COLD OF WINTER, EVEN THOUGH IT TOO IS BEAUTIFUL.. MY BONES AND I DREAD IT AND SHAME ON ME.. BUT STILL I WILL HAVE TO MAKE THE BEST OF EVERY DAY AND LIKE ALWAYS "GIVE THANKS"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Serenity Prayer


God grant me the serenity 
To accept the things I cannot change; 
Courage to change the things I can; 
And wisdom to know the difference. 

Living one day at a time; 
Enjoying one moment at a time; 
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; 
Taking, as He did, this sinful world 
As it is, not as I would have it; 
Trusting that He will make all things right 
If I surrender to His Will; 
So that I may be reasonably happy in this life 
And supremely happy with Him 
Forever and ever in the next.
Amen.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very Well Job Patty , I really enjoyed Thank You . Did Brenda come in for Ceil's Birthday? Love You & GOD BLESS

Patty said...

Yes she did come in and told her today before she left that she was going up to see her again tomorrow before she leaves.. Glad you enjoyed the post.. love, prayers and big hugs