Honey, grow old with me...

Honey, grow old with me...
April 17th, was our 46th anniversary, thanks God

Thursday, August 16, 2012

AH, A WONDERFUL COUNTRY WALK...

A WONDERFUL COUNTRY WALK, even if only in our hearts and minds..

 
I’ve been on a country walk

And haven’t left my chair
All because I read a poem
Which placed me right there
Where he stood in the meadow
Amid dandelions and daffodils,
And I heard the birds chattering
Recounting their days thrills.







I sensed the freshness of summer,

A special sweetness filled the air
As I strolled steadily along,
It was like really being there!
Seeing the sights he saw
Feeling the feelings he felt
Made my heart leap for joy,
All gloomy thoughts did melt.







 




So,you feel like a walk
In the beautiful countryside
Then peruse a poem like me
And on the air you’ll glide.
Those worries of your day
Well, we know they’ll still be there
But for now enjoy the peacefulness
By taking a country walk in your chair.



    ===============================================
BOY, SOMETIMES YOU NEVER KNOW WHICH PATH YOU WILL BE ON.. ESPECIALLY WHEN ILLNESS STRIKES. YOUR PLANS GETS CHANGED FOR SURE, AND IT JUST SEEMS THAT THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT! JUST TAKE IT WITH YOUR CHIN UP AND MAKE THE BEST OUT OF IT! WE HAVE HAD SO MANY "PROJECTS" GOING ON, ESPECIALLY FOR THE ANIMALS... BUT THEY TOO ARE TEMPORARILY ON HOLD (hopefully for only another few days)  See,  
 Norman came home yesterday sick.. running a fever, dizzy, weak, upset tummy, and "trots".. (well, you know what I mean) So I am thinking "virus"..  Today he's still weak as a kitten, dizzy and has still got an upset tummy and FEVER... So, looks like  he'll miss 2 and 1/2 days of his last week of work.. (worry's me because the doctor said it would be in his best behalf for him to work daily)   And it postpones the fenced yard for the little bantams for a few days.. he's got it 2/3 the way framed in.  (but they are fine) few days won't make any difference about them.. and they will be HAPPY no matter when it gets done.  Keep him in your prayers please! He has really been a weak and sick puppy! "no wonder my hair is all turning white!" lol
          ============================================
 Abigail and I got out yesterday and nearly painted the coop for the "banty" chickens.. we even made a trip to town to get another gallon of the "barn red" paint to finish it up.. Then today she had to leave to go get a shot for school. Poor thing, say a prayer for her, she like most 11 year olds is scared of needles. She ask me, "is this going to hurt?" I told her, "no worse than any other shot" She put her head down and said, "that is what I am afraid of! I am only 11 and to me, shots HURT!" So, GOD BLESS AND COMFORT PLEASE! Afterwards, I went back out, added one board (where the fence is attached to the building in the corner, for extra strength). Then I had to get the paint back out and paint the board.. looks pretty good though, even if I say so myself. Then I put some blue, heavy 'machine' felt along the very bottom of the fence (on the outside of the pen), for extra protection against anything digging under the fence. "Gotta keep those babies safe" We will add some rocks and logs along the bottom on the outside for some extra weight and to make it as impossible as we can for anything to get under it! That is all I did though, I can use a hammer or screwdriver,love the battery operated drills and screw drivers, or paint brush or roller.. but I don't use the saws... "YEP, I'M SCARED OF THEM" But I do try to help out. Norman is just to weak and ill to even think about any of this, so it will just wait.. it's waited this long and hasn't hurt a thing. Lol! So, for now, I am just doing laundry!
                           ===============================================
WE WILL ALSO MISS OUR LAST WEEKEND TRIP AT DOUTHAT! THE KIDS I KNOW WILL BE A LITTLE UPSET. BUT, IT'S PAID FOR AND I HOPE THAT THEY GO ON AND HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME.. KNOWING THAT WE WOULD HAVE BEEN THERE IF HE FELT PRETTY GOOD.. BUT NOT WITH A FEVER, DIZZY AND WITH AN UPSET TUMMY.. HE WAS TOLD THAT IT'S A VIRUS..  MAYBE NEXT YEAR, LORD'S WILLING!
 LOVE TO EACH OF YOU! SORRY WE AREN'T THERE, BUT HAVE A TERRIFIC TIME.
                    ==================================================
PRAYING FOR YOU AND YOURS TONIGHT AND NIGHTLY "GOD BLESS"
SPECIAL PRAYER TONIGHT FOR DICKIE.. BARBARA'S HUSBAND, AND HIS CO-WORKERS.. THAT THEIR JOB WILL CONTINUE.. THINGS WILL WORK OUT AND IT WILL BE BETTER THAN THEY HOPE FOR.. PRAYING TO FOR JAKE AND FRANCES (hope things are going better and those treatments have worked and it's over with)... PRAYING FOR MRS TERRY (Norman's mother) she will celebrate her 86th birthday on the 27)... PRAYING ALWAYS FOR LITTLE EVAN, AND ALL THE CHILDREN WITH EB OR ANY OTHER DREADFUL DISEASES, AND THEIR FAMILIES... PRAYING FOR EVERYONE WITH CANCER AND THEIR FAMILIES AND CAREGIVERS.. SPECIAL PRAYER FOR SARAH, FOR BEING SUCH A LOVING DAUGHTER, MOTHER, AND WIFE.. GOD BLESS YA!... PRAYING FOR OUR COUNTRY THAT GOD WILL BLESS AND GUIDE OUR LEADERS TO DO WHAT HE KNOWS IS BEST AND RIGHT FOR OUR COUNTRY.. PRAYING FOR OUR SOLDIERS, THAT THEY WILL ALL SOON BE BACK HOME SAFELY WITH JOBS TO COME HOME TO AND FOR COMFORT AND INNER PEACE FOR THEM AND THEIR FAMILIES... PRAYING FOR NORMAN, THAT HE WILL SOON GET FEELING BETTER AND THINGS WILL WORK OUT FOR HIM EVEN BETTER THAN HE'S HOPING FOR.. PRAYING FOR ALL THE "UNSPOKEN PRAYERS" FOR EACH OF YOU AND ASKING THAT YOU'LL PRAY FOR OURS TOO.. SPECIAL PRAYERS FOR EACH OF MY CO-WORKERS AS WE START ANOTHER SCHOOL YEAR ON THIS COMING WEDNESDAY, HELP US LORD TO ALL BE CLOSE, CARING AND HELPFUL TO EACH OTHER.. "SEE EACH OF YOU ON MONDAY LADIES" ...  PRAYING FOR EVERYONE LOOKING FOR JOBS, PLEASE LORD HELP THEM ALL TO FIND A DECENT JOB, SUITABLE FOR THEM... PRAYING FOR BETTY JO AND KRISTIN, WISHING THEM THE VERY BEST AND SAFETY!... PRAYING FOR SHARON MAE AND HER KNEE SURGERY AND UPCOMING OTHER KNEE SURGERY!... PRAYING FOR HAPPINESS, REST, LOVE, AND GOOD HEALTH (and wealth, lol) FOR JENNA AND THE SELL OF HER HOUSE.. A SPECIAL PRAYER FOR MICHAEL'S BIRTH MOM AND HIS ADOPTIVE MOM, "GOD BLESS"...  PRAYING FOR SPECIAL GUIDANCE IN MANY THINGS "UNSPOKEN" AND INNER PEACE ...  AND AS USUAL AND ALWAYS, GIVING GOD THE THANKS, PRAISE, HONOR, AND GLORY IN ALL THINGS IN JESUS HOLY NAME, AMEN!

No comments: