Honey, grow old with me...

Honey, grow old with me...
April 17th, was our 46th anniversary, thanks God

Monday, February 16, 2015

WHAT IS THIS PRETTY WHITE STUFF? And a girl finds Joy on the first snow fall of the winter.. and more



WHAT IS THIS PRETTY WHITE STUFF? IT'S AWFULLY COLD, AND MAKES YOU WET.. BUT IT SURE IS PRETTY! 





Girl Finds  Joy As The First 

Snow Starts to Fall
Snow fell as I ran toward our red barn, yelling for my two terriers.  The dogs sensed my excitement and circled around me, it's so cold, lets please go inside, my feet are getting cold.
I was 6 years old, and today will be my 7th birthday the month before spring in 1952, and as I did my chores on our Ohio farm I wondered if daddy would fix my sister Betty’s old doll crib and buggy for me. It is all I ask for because Betty never used it and I loved it so much. My dolly would be perfect for it.  I hope, I hope, I told myself as I rushed to the barn and plowed into Betty, who was carrying a straw bale for the calves. “Watch where you’re going!” she protested. “Why are you in such a hurry?” Then she smiled knowingly. “You know we can’t go into the house until all our outside chores are done and all the milking and feeding are done.” (I was the youngest and didn't have as many chores as the others, but I stayed with all of them until all of their chores was done.

After I fed the calves, I cracked open the door of the barn and saw that night had come. A 40-watt bulb in the corner of the barn shed a faint light on the falling snow. The flakes drifted gently down, forming a misty curtain in front of the house.
My breathing slowed as I watched the snow fall. I wondered: "why has it waited so long in the winter to snow, it's almost spring, my Mama had told me"  Will the animals keep  warm with body heat? Would the new calves and youngest bunnies be able to stay warm with the snow coming down? The barn seemed to breathe a response to my questions with the sounds of the calves rustling the straw, the rabbits thumping their hind legs and the cows lowing. All the ordinary sounds I heard every day became charged with the presence of something I couldn’t name. I felt a sense of country peace settling all around. His sweet peace, my grandparents called it.. At that moment, the yellow porch light came on and was hazy through the falling snow. I stood at the barn door and shivered at the sight. I wanted to stay with that feeling of being part of it all, loving and caring for all the animals, but, I was getting cold, the first snow was beginning to add up, and I had not dressed extra warm. 
My brother Dave looked out the door. “Hey, the light is on!" It was our signal to hurry up because supper was ready. Jim and Betty have only four more cows to milk. Won’t be long now. Come on supper is ready and its getting so cold out!” I said. “Isn’t everything beautiful, Dave? The snow, the lights, the barn?” Dave had already walked away and didn’t hear me. “Yes, it is,” I said softly, to myself.
Anticipation mounted as all four of us kids ran to the house. Our supper was ready, sitting on the table waiting for us,the smell of fried potatoes, fresh biscuits and baked chicken over came us, hunger guided  each of us. I helped Mama pour a glass of fresh milk for each of us and we all sat down to eat. Right after supper, the room was filled with family chatter, Dave and Jim was telling Dad about all the milk they had got tonight, and Betty was looking in the corner silently smiling. I looked up to see the repainted doll crib and buggy; the new sheets in a flower design like the one on the sack our flour came in; matching pillowcases finished off with a crocheted edging that Mom put on all her fancy work; my favorite doll with a new nightgown made of the same flannel as mine; and a dress and cap made of the same material as my school dress. My birthday cake was carried in all aglow with 7 candles. Gee, I am 7 years old today I thought, as I played with my doll and put her in her new bed, I saw my parents sitting on the couch, watching. They looked content. Again I felt the same presence as in the barn, only then I knew its name: love.
         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PRAYING FOR OUR PRESIDENT... NO MATTER WHO OR WHAT "PARTY" HE IS FOR, HE IS STILL OUR PRESIDENT, AND GOD IS STILL IN COMPLETE CONTROL.
"For man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1Samuel 16:7 ... Lord, direct our president's heart towards You. Give our president spiritual wisdom and understanding to lead this nation according to Your precepts and into all truth. May the president be filled to overflowing with Your depth of insight into all situations. Surround the president with godly advisers. Inscribe on their hearts the knowledge of Your will so that they may know You better. Thank You, amen. (Rebecca Ondov) .... No matter who our president is... he is just that for a time.. the president, allowed by God.. so it is our place to pray for God's special guidance through him for the time he is in office! Right?
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




HOPE EVERY ONE HAS HAD AN ENJOYABLE DAY TODAY, AND MADE THE BEST OF IT! LOVE AND PRAYERS...








PRAYING TODAY FOR YOU AND YOURS THAT GOD WILL WRAP HIS LOVING ARMS AROUND EACH OF YOU AND BLESS YOU SPIRITUALLY, PHYSICALLY, EMOTIONALLY, MENTALLY, FINANCIALLY AND WITH HIS AWESOME LOVE, GRACE, FORGIVENESS, GUIDANCE AND A SPECIAL BLESSING THAT ONLY HE KNOWS YOU NEED. PRAYING FOR ALL THOSE THAT ARE SICK, HURTING, OR GRIEVING THAT HE WILL TOUCH EACH OF THEM IN THAT SPECIAL WAY THAT ONLY HE CAN DO. PRAYING FOR OUR COUNTRY AND OUR LEADERS, (EACH OF THEM ARE HUMAN, AND NEED HIS GUIDANCE) AND PRAYING FOR THE SAFETY OF OUR SOLDIERS, THEIR PEACE, COMFORT AND INNER PEACE. PRAYING FOR EVERYONE THAT HAS TO BE OUT ON THE ROAD TODAY AND AS LONG AS THE ROADS ARE LIKE THIS.. PLEASE LORD, GRANT TRAVEL MERCIES. AND AS ALWAYS, GIVING OUR THANKS, LOVE, HONOR, PRAISE AND GLORY IN JESUS HOLY NAME, AMEN. 

















No comments: