Honey, grow old with me...

Honey, grow old with me...
April 17th, was our 46th anniversary, thanks God

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

ANOTHER VERY SPECIAL POST.. rain, FRIENDS, empty chairs, and more....

Boy, have we had enough "falling weather yet?" Calling for lots more rain and then snow! ugggg... for me, even a snow flurry is to much at this point... we will never be able to get back up this ole STEEP driveway! School is already closed for tomorrow.. So, I will be at home with my recuperating husband.. he's got some kind of head cold (junk) and taking antibiotics.. Keep him in your prayers, please! 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day 5 of the 7 day scripture challenge given me by Robin Hall.... Galatians 5:22-23, "The Holy Spirit produces a different kind of fruit: unconditional love, joy, peace, patience, kindheartedness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. You won’t find any law opposed to fruit like this" Matthew 7: 17-20 "Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 

A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20. Therefore by their fruits you will know them. And today, I ask Darlene Brewster and Darlene Angle to participate in this 7 day scripture challenge and to challenge 2 people each day in order to help spread the gospel.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A VERY SPECIAL FRIEND POSTED THIS POST ..... AND I THOUGHT YOU WOULD GET A SMILE OR TWO OUT OF IT... PERHAPS "EVEN RECOGNIZE SOME OF THESE PEOPLE....  "LOVE YA LEIGH-LEIGH" (hope you don't mind me sharing your post, but I thought you probably wouldn't because it was already posted on fb) BIG HUGS, MY FRIEND #1. ! ... ENJOY YOUR DAY OFF TOMORROW.. SEE YA ON FRIDAY!
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Good Morning My Sistah's  Are you ready for our cup of encouragement for the day As I was thinking yesterday about some of my life test & trials I began to laugh about all my latest test & how it has taught me some things about people that I already kinda knew but when it present itself to you it's like oh my lol. But there are many different people who you consider a friend 1. The trust worthy genuine one. 2 The straight up noisy one. 3. The one who is so glad to see you going thru. 4. The one that hate to see you still smiling even though you're going thru. 5. The one who is just filled with pity. 6. The one who just don't no what to say. 7. And then there is You & I say "Giving Up Is Not A Option" & no matter what I can do all things thru Christ that strengthens me. I may slip,trip & fall but trust & believe I'm getting back up stronger & better than ever. I celebrate you my Sistah and I embrace our unique differences lylas            "Lolita Smith"
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PRAYING THAT TERRIFIC HOUSES WILL BE EMPTY SOON AND UP FOR RENT TO A FEW GOOD PEOPLE (US) .. WE ARE LOOKING FOR A THREE BEDROOM HOUSE, HOPEFULLY 2 BATHROOMS, AND PLENTY OF ROOM FOR STORAGE.. BASEMENT? OUT BUILDINGS? WHATEVER.. AND A LANDLORD THAT WILL ALLOW CLEAN PETS .. IF YOU HEAR OF ONE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW, SO WE CAN CHECK IT OUT..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
THE SECOND, PRAYERS... FOR A WONDERFUL LADY..  WITH A HOUSE IN MIND.. PRAYING THAT IT WILL HAPPEN FOR HER JUST THE WAY SHE IS WISHING IT WILL! ..  MATTHEW 18: 19-20
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THE EMPTY CHAIR

A man's daughter had asked the local pastor to come and pray with her father.  When the pastor arrived, he found the man lying in bed with his head propped up on two pillows and an empty chair beside his bed.  The pastor assumed that the old fellow had been informed of  his visit.
"I guess you were expecting me," he said.
"No, who are you?"
"I'm the new associate at your local church," the pastor replied.  "When I saw the empty chair, I figured you knew I was going to show up."
"Oh yeah, the chair," said the bedridden man. "Would you mind closing the door?" Puzzled, the pastor shut the door. "I've never told anyone this, not even my daughter," said the man. "But all of my life I have never known how to pray. At church I used to hear the pastor talk about prayer, but it always went right over my head."
"I abandoned any attempt at prayer," the old man continued, "until one day about four years ago my best friend said to me, 'Joe, prayer is just a simple matter of having a conversation with Jesus. Here's  what I suggest. Sit down on a chair; place an empty chair in front of you, and in faith see Jesus on the chair. It's not spooky because he promised,  'I'll be with you always. ' Then just speak to him and listen in the same way you're doing with me right now." "So, I tried it and I've liked it so much that I do it a couple of hours every day. I'm careful, though. If my daughter saw me talking to an empty chair, she'd either have a nervous breakdown or send me off to the funny farm."
The pastor was deeply moved by the story and encouraged the old guy to continue on the journey. Then he prayed with him, and returned to the church.
Two nights later the daughter called to tell the pastor that her daddy had died that afternoon. "Did he seem to die in peace?" he asked.
"Yes, when I left the house around two o'clock, he called me over to his bedside, told me one of his corny jokes, and kissed me on the cheek.  When I got back from the store an hour later, I found him dead. But there was something strange, in fact, beyond strange--kinda weird.  Apparently, just before Daddy died, he leaned over and rested his head on a chair beside the bed."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
PRAYING FOR YOU AND YOURS TODAY AND DAILY.. THAT GOD WILL BLESS EACH OF YOU SPIRITUALLY, PHYSICALLY, EMOTIONALLY, MENTALLY, FINANCIALLY, AND WITH HIS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE, GRACE, MERCIES, FORGIVENESS, GUIDANCE AND A SPECIAL BLESSING THAT ONLY HE KNOWS YOU WILL BE NEEDING. PRAYING FOR THOSE HAVE LOST LOVED ONES.. SEEMS LIKE THERE HAS BEEN JUST SO MANY DEATHS LATELY.. PRAYING FOR COMFORT AND GUIDANCE. PRAYING FOR THOSE THAT ARE SICK (NORMAN INCLUDED) AND THAT THEY WILL ALL SOON FEEL HIS HEALING HANDS UPON THEM.. NOTHING IS TO BIG OR SMALL FOR GOD TO TAKE CARE OF. PRAYING FOR THOSE ALSO THAT ARE HURTING, THAT HE WILL WRAP HIS LOVING ARMS AROUND EACH OF THEM AND GRANT THEM COMFORT AND INNER PEACE. PRAYING FOR OUR COUNTRY, AND IT'S LEADERS.. (whether we like them or not, they are where they are and need our prayers.. need God's guidance, and so does our country) PRAYING FOR THE SAFETY OF OUR SOLDIERS AND THAT THEY WILL ALL RETURN SAFELY HOME SOON TO LOVING HOMES, DUE RESPECT AND AN ABUNDANCE OF GOOD JOBS. AND TODAY AND ALWAYS, GIVING GOD MY LOVE, THANKS, HONOR, PRAISE AND GLORY IN JESUS HOLY NAME, AMEN. 

No comments: