Honey, grow old with me...

Honey, grow old with me...
April 17th, was our 46th anniversary, thanks God

Saturday, April 4, 2015

you know, there must have been every emotion possible to have.. the day after Jesus gave HIS life for us.. and before the resurrection!

I wonder if the day after Jesus gave his earthly life up on that rugged old cross for you and me.. was a GLOOMY day, dark and quiet? Perhaps also windy?? I feel sure that every emotional possible to man was present that day.. SURPRISE? WONDER? QUILT? GRIEF? ANGER? DISAPPOINTMENT? SADNESS? DISBELIEF?  AND WONDERING WHAT WAS TO HAPPEN NEXT? HOW? WHEN? WHO???


I wonder if anyone there thought they would see HIM again on earth very soon? It all had to be so new to them, and WONDROUS... That they would actually SEE HIM get nailed to that rugged old cross...wrapped, and carried to that tomb..and the fact that HE lay there in that tomb.. YES, I can only imagine them wondering IF HE would come out with the sound of a trumpet? Or by the ground shaking so hard that it would roll the stone away, and He would come out? Or would HE?.. Did they even remember Him saying.....Luke 24: 6 &7 ....  Remember how He spoke to you when He was still in Galilee, saying, "The Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again".. or could they even believe that such a thing could or would actually happen??
========================================
Remember him saying (Luke 23: 34) ...."Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do." ...  Then in Luke 23:43  he told the man next to him on the cross.. (43)"Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with ME in Paradise." ... and Luke 23:46 where He said... "Father, into Your hands I commit My spirit" Having said this, He breathed His last .
SO, EVEN THOUGH HIS BODY WAS IN THE TOMB FOR AWHILE, HIS SPIRIT WAS NOT! BUT WE KNOW THE REST OF THE STORY! (and always have, unlike the ones that were actually there at that time) the song below always reminds me of my wonderful Dad! My earthly Father... (and for my parents also, I think God)
                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Old Rugged Cross

  1. On a hill far away stood an old rugged cross,
    The emblem of suff’ring and shame;
    And I love that old cross where the Dearest and Best
    For a world of lost sinners was slain.
    • Refrain:
      So I’ll cherish the old rugged cross,
      Till my trophies at last I lay down;
      I will cling to the old rugged cross,
      And exchange it someday for a crown.
  2. Oh, that old rugged cross, so despised by the world,
    Has a wondrous attraction for me;
    For the dear Lamb of God left His glory above
    To bear it to dark Calvary.
  3. In that old rugged cross, stained with blood so divine,
    A wondrous beauty I see,
    For ’twas on that old cross Jesus suffered and died,
    To pardon and sanctify me.
  4. To the old rugged cross I will ever be true;
    Its shame and reproach gladly bear;
    Then He’ll call me someday to my home far away,
    Where His glory forever I’ll share.
                     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


When ask How much He loves us... He spread His wonderful arms and said... This much! John 15:13...13"Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends." 
             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
TOMORROW, WE WILL CELEBRATE HIS RESURRECTION! THANK YOU JESUS FOR ALL YOU HAVE SACRIFICED FOR EACH OF US... Again, I remind us all... 


HE PAID A DEBT HE DIDN'T NOT OWE, BECAUSE WE OWED A DEBT WE COULD NOT PAY...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GIVING HIM THE THANKS, HONOR, GLORY, PRAISE AND LOVE FOR ALL HE'S DONE, AMEN.
Praying for you and yours that God will bless 
each of you spiritually, physically, emotionally, mentally, financially, and with His awesome Love, grace, mercies, guidance, forgiveness, and with a special blessing that only HE could possibly know that you need. Praying for the sick, the hurting, the grieving, the lonely, and the bullied (of all ages) That He will pour His love and mercies, gifts of healing, comfort, friendship, inner peace, and kindness down upon each of you and your families. Praying for our country, that He will draw our leaders closer to Him and help them to do His will for our country and it's people. Praying for the military, for their safety, protection, guidance and a safe and quick return home, to love, due respect, and an abundance of jobs. GIVING THANKS FOR HIS AWESOME SACRIFICE, HIS LOVE, HIS MERCIES AND BLESSINGS AND ALL HE HAS DONE FOR US, AND A SPECIAL THANK YOU FOR YOUR FORGIVENESS.. GIVING OUR LOVE, HONOR, PRAISE AND GLORY IN JESUS HOLY NAME, AMEN.





























No comments: