Honey, grow old with me...

Honey, grow old with me...
April 17th, was our 46th anniversary, thanks God

Friday, June 12, 2015

LIFE IS PRECIOUS, HANDLE IT WITH PRAYER!



Awww, now that's enjoying vacation.. Early morning coffee on the front porch, getting ready to start another day. We are grateful for each day given to us, and for the health, happiness, heart and mind to enjoy each day to it's fullest. And as always.. so we can relax just a little from time to time, and "Smell the flowers" or just plain ole "Enjoy the flowers".. Thanks God! We love You!

 Burned Biscuits - A lesson we all should learn. When I was a kid, my Mom liked to make breakfast food for dinner every now and then. I remember one night in particular when she had made breakfast after a long, hard day at work. On that evening so long ago, my Mom placed a plate of eggs, sausage and extremely burned biscuits in front of my dad. I remember waiting to see if anyone noticed! All my dad did was reach for his biscuit, smile at my Mom and ask me how my day was at school. I don't remember what I told him that night, but I do remember watching him smear butter and jelly on that ugly burned biscuit. He ate every bite of that thing...never made a face nor uttered a word about it! When I got up from the table that evening, I remember hearing my Mom apologize to my dad for burning the biscuits. And I'll never forget what he said, "Honey, I love burned biscuits every now and then." Later that night, I went to kiss Daddy good night and I asked him if he really liked his biscuits burned. He wrapped me in his arms and said, "Your Mom put in a hard day at work today and she's real tired. And besides--a little burned biscuit never hurt anyone!" As I've grown older, I've thought about that many times. Life is full of imperfect things and imperfect people. I'm not the best at hardly anything, and I forget birthdays and anniversaries just like everyone else. But what I've learned over the years is that learning to accept each other's faults and choosing to celebrate each other’s differences is one of the most important keys to creating a healthy, growing, and lasting relationship. And that's my prayer for you today...that you will learn to take the good, the bad, and the ugly parts of your life and lay them at the feet of God. Because in the end, He's the only One who will be able to give you a relationship where a burnt biscuit isn't a deal-breaker! We could extend this to any relationship. In fact, understanding is the base of any relationship, be it a husband-wife or parent-child or friendship! "Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket--keep it in your own." So, please pass me a biscuit, and yes, the burned one will do just fine. And PLEASE pass this along to someone who has enriched your life--I just did! Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle. "Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil--it has no point" (Source unknown)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Learning Respect
One very important benefit of being open-minded is learning to respect others. I learned to accept that people are different from each other. We cannot change others either, just like others cannot change me without my consent. I have learned to respect other people’s attitudes, traits and ideas, and except them for who they are. We are all human, and deserve to be respected. This made it easier for me to deal with people wherever I was.
New Opportunities
When I stopped avoiding people and learned to accept them for who they are, I learned to listen and interact with them. It don't mean we have to agree perhaps with some of their actions, or language, whatever, just accept them for being. This opened doors to many new opportunities to learn, explore and experience new things.
New Relationships
As I opened my doors to embracing new people, I have also welcomed new relationships into my life. You may be surprised that your first impression of some people you meet may just be the total opposite of who they really are. Some people I disliked at first are actually now my very good friends.
Courage
As soon as I stopped saying “no” to people and to new ideas, I have developed the courage to try new things, and take risks opening up to other people, but only if it agrees with my convictions. "To thine own self be true."  I know there is that possibility of getting hurt or getting disappointed by people, but being open-minded also reminds me that there is that chance that things will turn out well.
Freedom
Being open-minded sets you free from the limits that you set for yourself. You give everybody who comes into your life the benefit-of-the-doubt and you learn to give everyone a fair chance. You also give yourself the chance to get close and connect to people wherever you are.
Inspiration
One big benefit of being open-minded is the chance to be inspired by others. Once you open your life to new people, you get to see new life stories and ideas that may inspire you to be a better person, or even help them to become a better person. So, this also gives you the opportunity to inspire others through your life example. ("The greatest of these is love")
Peace of Mind
Nothing is better than gaining peace of mind. Since you did not pass out on any opportunity to interact with the people that come into your life and you did not fail to listen to the ideas of others, you will not have anything to regret. Whether you succeed or fail, you can always say I gave it a shot. And with His help and guidance, that all things are possible.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




Praying for you and yours that God will wrap His loving, healing arms around you and grant you your deepest unspoken prayer. Praying that He will bless each of you spiritually, physically, emotionally, mentally, financially, and with His love, inner peace, guidance, and His forgiveness. Praying for the sick, the hurting, the lonely, that He will answer your prayers and needs, and bless you and your family. 
Prayers for peace, with God, with others and with yourself. Praying for our country and it's leaders, they are much in need of prayer.. but then, aren't we all? Praying for the soldiers, their safety, and peace.. praying for their quick and safe returns home, and for their and their families inner peace and comfort. GIVING HIM the thanks, love, honor, praise and glory in all things in Jesus holy name, amen..

No comments: