Honey, grow old with me...

Honey, grow old with me...
April 17th, was our 46th anniversary, thanks God

Sunday, August 15, 2010

REFINERS FIRE ? EVER BEEN THERE?

THOU ART THE POTTER, I AM THE CLAY
HAVE THINE OWN WAY, LORD 1. Have thine own way, Lord! Have thine own way!
Thou art the Potter, I am the clay.
Mold me and make me after Thy will,
While I am waiting, yielded and still.
2. Have thine own way, Lord!
Have thine own way!Search me and try me
, Savior today!Wash me just now Lord,
wash me just now,as in thy presence humbly I bow.
3 Have thine own way, Lord! Have thine own way!
Wounded and weary, help me I pray!
Power, all power, surely is thine!
Touch me and heal me, Savior divine!
4. Have thine own way, Lord! Have thine own way!
Hold o ' er my being absolute sway.
Fill with thy Spirit till all shall see Christ only,
always, living in me!
Back in the 50's there was a well known radio
Host/comedian/song writer in Hollywood named
Stuart Hamblen who was noted for his drinking,
Womanizing, partying, etc. One of his bigger hits at the time was
"I won't go hunting with you Jake, But I'll go chasing women."
One day, along came a young preacher holding A tent revival.
Hamblen had him on his radio show Presumably to poke fun at him.
In order to gather more material for his show, Hamblen showed
up at one of the revival meetings. Early in the service the preacher
announced, "There is one man in this audience who is a big fake."
There were probably others who thought the same thing,
But Hamblen was convinced that he was the one the preacher
Was talking about (some would call that conviction)
But he was having none of that. Still the words continued to haunt
him until a couple Of nights later he showed up drunk at the preacher's
Hotel door around 2AM demanding that the preacher Pray for him!
But the preacher refused, saying, "This is between you and God
And I'm not going to get in the middle of it." But he did invite
Stuart in and they talked until About 5 AM at which point Stuart
dropped to his Knees and with tears, cried out to God.
But that is not the end of the story. Stuart quit drinking,
quit chasing women, Quit everything that was 'fun.'
Soon he began To lose favour with the Hollywood crowd.
He was ultimately fired by the radio station when
He refused to accept a beer company as a sponsor.
Hard times were upon him. He tried writing a couple Of "Christian"
songs but the only one that had Much success was "This Old House",
Written for his friend Rosemary Clooney As he continued to struggle,
a long time friend Named John took him aside and told him,
"All your troubles started when you 'got religion,' Was it worth it all?"
Stuart answered simply, "Yes." Then his friend asked, "You liked
your booze so much, Don't you ever miss it?"
And his answer was, "No." John then said, "I don't
understand how You could give it up so easily."
And Stuart's response was, "It's no big secret.
All things are possible with God." To this John said,
"That's a catchy phrase. You should write a song about it."
And as they say, "The rest is history." The song Carl Stuart Hamblen
wrote was "It Is No Secret." "It is no secret what God can do.
What He's done for others, He'll do for you.
With arms wide open, He'll welcome you. It is no secret, what God can do...."
By the way... The friend was John Wayne.
And the young preacher who refused to pray for Stuart Hamblen?
...That was Billy Graham.
Share this with your friends ... I did!
----------------------------------------------
REFINERS FIRE
Purify my heart, Let me be as gold and precious silver
Purify my heart Let me be as gold, pure gold
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Refiners fire
My heart's one desire
Is to be holy
Set apart for You, Lord
I choose to be holy
Set apart for You, my Master
Ready to do Your will
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Purify my heart, Cleanse me from within
And make me holy
Purify my hear, Cleanse me from my sin
Deep within
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Refiners fire,
My hearts one desire,
Is to be holy
Set apart for you, Lord
Is to be holy
Set apart for you my Master,
Ready to do your will.
Ready to do your will
---------------------------------------------
Today for lunch we had Abigail, Nathan, Karlie
(yes Karlie our second granddaughter) : )
after nearly 2 years! THANKS GOD! Norman, Leisa, and to our
surprise, our niece Joann, and two of her kids Lyndzie and Keifer..
I hope everyone had a good time, and IF they didn't leave full,
it was their own fault, because we have plenty of food leftover.
WELCOME BACK! WITH LOTS OF LOVE
We enjoyed the company!
---------------------------------------------------
After lunch, I helped Karlie make a necklace with a heart
on it. She likes crafts. She also picked another necklace that
I had made to use for school. God Bless, ...
Hopefully we will make more of them..
She and her sister Abigail seems to like making things
with me.. I am glad for any time I get to spend with any
and all of my grandchildren! THANKS GOD!
Love you too Karlie
==================================
Dear Heavenly Father, thank You for Jesus, and all of His sacrifices.
Thank You for Your perfect love, Your Word, Your mercies, blessings,
and for forgiveness and salvation! Thank You for Norman, our lives, health,
safety, love, closeness, happiness, marriage, and our precious family.
Thank You for our extended families, our church families, our friends,
neighbors,and co-workers.. Bless each of us spiritually,
physically, emotionally, mentally,and financially, (help everyone
that wants or needs full time jobs to find them please).
Bless our country please and help everyone to know that You are God,
and still fully in Control! Protect our soldiers please and bless
them and theirfamilies (Joann) with inner peace, happiness, and safety.
Thank You Father for everything You do and we give
You our love, thanks, honor, praise and glory in
Jesus Holy name, amen.
--------------------------------------------
If you would like to post a comment on this or any post
please feel free to do so. I look forward to hearing from you.
Have a terrific evening and GOD BLESS YOU AND YOURS.

No comments: