Honey, grow old with me...

Honey, grow old with me...
April 17th, was our 46th anniversary, thanks God

Sunday, August 8, 2010

WE ARE CARRIED BY LOVE, ARE YOU?

You're Carried by Love
I rest my head on the pillow without much rest in my heart.
To-do's swirl around in my mind.
Tasks fall heavy on my shoulders.
I silently pray, "Lord, give the grace for me to carry all of this.
"It seems I hear a whisper in response, "
Ask instead for the grace to let Me carry you."
I once saw a child carrying a rock too big,
determined to take it home.
Sweat beading, little feet laboring.
Then Daddy came and swooped up His girl.
Joy. Giggles. Grace.
She still held the rock but it no longer
weighed her down because someone held her.
I fall asleep with a smile...thoughts as light as love.
For more encouragement visit Heart to Heart with Holley.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now to tell you something really cute, and dear to my heart!
____________________________
Our little granddaughter Abigail Starr..
has her own little cell phone...
On it she has a candle that glows, flickers and looks
for all the world to be burning.
She was so cute when her Mommy was in the hospital.
She would open her phone and show the candle,
waving it back and forward over her head and say:
"I am having a very spiritual moment"
(she's nine years old : )
JUST HOW PRECIOUS IS THAT?
=====================
and going with that phrase...
Galatians 6:1 KJV
Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault,
ye which are spiritual,
restore such an one in the spirit of meekness;
considering thyself,
lest thou also be tempted.
==========================
I seek in prayerful words,dear friend,
My heart's true wish to send you
That you may know that,far or near,
My loving thoughts attend you.
I cannot find a truer word,
Nor better to address you;
Nor song, nor poem have I heard
Is sweeter than God bless you!
God bless you!
So I've wished you all
Of brightness life possesses;
For can there any joy at all
Be yours unless God blesses?
God bless you!So I breathe a charm
Lest grief's dark night oppress you,
For how can sorrowbring you harm
If 'tis God's way to bless you?
And so, "through all thy days
May shadows touch thee never
--"But this alone--God bless thee--
Then art thou safe forever.
==========================
"And do not seek what you should eat or
what you should drink, nor have
an anxious mind" Luke 12:20 NKJV
============================
If you would like to post a comment,
please feel free to do so.
GOD BLESS YOU AND YOURS






No comments: