Honey, grow old with me...

Honey, grow old with me...
April 17th, was our 46th anniversary, thanks God

Sunday, February 22, 2015

GUESS WHO IS HAVING A BIRTHDAY TODAY? AND A FEW REALLY CUTE SHORT STORIES



WELL, GUESS WHO'S BIRTHDAY  IS TODAY???
Pictured are Chris, (our oldest son) and his wife Lily...
(good picture of the two of them) 

And just sayin' ITS NOT CHRIS BIRTHDAY..
his was JAN 29th... lol







HAPPY BIRTHDAY LILY! HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY, EVEN IF IT IS RIGHT NASTY OUT... 

Happy birthday to you..
Happy birthday to you..
Happy birthday dear Lily
Happy birthday to you,
          And many morrrrrrrrrrrrrrre!
(I know you are glad you didn't have to hear me sing that... lol) We'll celebrate your birthday some fine, warmer, clearer Sunday... Love, prayers and BIG GENTLE HUGS
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NOW FOR A FEW FUN THINGS...

 A letter from Grandma . . .
Dear family:
I have become a little older since I saw you last, and a few changes have come into my life since then. Frankly, I have become a frivolous old gal.
I am seeing five gentlemen everyday. As soon as I wake up, Will Power helps me get out of bed. Then I go to see John. Then Charlie Horse comes along, and when he is here he takes a lot of my time and attention. When he leaves, Arthur Ritis shows up and stays the rest of the day. He doesn't like to stay in one place very long, so he takes me from joint to joint. After such a busy day, I'm really tired and glad to go to bed with Ben Gay. What a life.
Oh yes, I'm also flirting with Al Zymer.
Love, Grandma
P.S. The preacher came to call the other day. He said at my age I should be thinking of the hereafter. I told him, "Oh I do it all the time. No matter where I am, in the parlor, upstairs, in the kitchen, or down in the basement, I ask myself, "Now, what am I here after?"
Submitted by Stan, Bigelerville, Pa.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They go for a stroll to discuss the wedding and pass a drugstore. Jacob suggests they go in. He asks the man behind the counter:
Jacob: "Are you the owner?"
Pharmacist: "Yes."
Jacob: "Do you sell heart medication?"
Pharmacist: "Of course we do."
Jacob: "How about medicine for circulation?"
Pharmacist: "All kinds."
Jacob: "Medicine for rheumatism?"
Pharmacist: "Definitely."
Jacob: "Medicine for memory?"
Pharmacist: "Yes, a large variety."
Jacob: "What about vitamins and sleeping pills?"
Pharmacist: "Absolutely."
Jacob: "Perfect! We'd like to register here for our wedding gifts."  
Submitted by Norine, Emmitsburg, Md. 
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Aging in Good Humor

A man was telling his neighbor, "I just bought a new hearing aid. It cost me four thousand dollars, but it's state of the art."
"Really," answered the neighbor, "What kind is it?"
"Twelve thirty."



As a senior citizen was driving down the freeway, his car phone rang.
Answering, he heard his wife's voice urgently warning him, "Herman, I just heard on the news that there's a car going the wrong way on 280 Interstate. Please be careful!"
"It's not just one car," said Herman. "It's hundreds of them!"


Submitted by Andy, Gettysburg, Pa.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Again, happy birthday Lily, hope you have a wonderful and relaxing day!

love, prayers, and big gentle hugs

And NO! none of these stories or jokes are about you and Chris.. just funny they came on the same day... Love, prayers and hugs!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
An older couple were lying in bed one night. 
The husband was falling asleep but the wife felt romantic and wanted to talk.
She said, "you used to hold my hand when we were courting." Wearily, he reached across, held her hand for a second and tried to get back to sleep.
A few moments later she said, "then you used to kiss me." Mildly irritated, he reached across, gave her a peck on the cheek and settled down to sleep.
Thirty seconds later she said, "then you used to bite my neck." Angrily,he threw back the bed covers and got out of bed.
"Where are you going?" she asked.

"To get my teeth !"
lol!
guess if nothing else, you can have a terrific chuckle!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





I have an unspoken prayer request concerning myself for tomorrow... 


and thanking you all for the prayers today


love, prayers and Big gentle HUGS






Praying for you and yours today and daily, that God will bless you spiritually, physically, emotionally, mentally, financially, and with HIS awesome love, grace, mercies, forgiveness, guidance and a special blessing that only He knows you need. Praying for the weather.. that this winter snow, slush and mush will soon all be cleared up and gone away.. just another memory. Praying for those that are sick, hurting, or grieving.. God please wrap Your loving arms around each of them and grant them what You know that they need. Only You can do that for each of them, and we thank You. Praying for Yvonne, Gavin, Evan, and soooo many more.. praying for all the prayer request that each of us knows about, God already knows every one of them. Praying for travel mercies as everyone heads back to work tomorrow. Praying for our country and it's leaders that God will guide each of them. Praying for our soldiers, safety, protection, inner peace and comfort and to come quickly home. AND TODAY AND ALWAYS GIVING LOVE, THANKS, HONOR, PRAISE AND GLORY TO GOD IN JESUS HOLY NAME, AMEN. 





No comments: